The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) Nigeria Office has announced the winners of the first National Essay Competition over a virtual conversation on “Opportunities for Improved Access to Intellectual Property Education and Awareness in Nigeria’s Higher Institutions”. The panelists for this conversation were distinguished personalities:
- Prof. Ruth Okediji
- Mr. Tunde Mustapha
- Dr. Desmond Oriakhogba
- Ms. Faith Aboyeji
- Mrs. Toyosi Alabi
- Engr. (Dr). Umar Bindir
The conversation was moderated by WIPO Program Officer, Dr. Tobi Moody, who chaired the 5 man planning committee of the competition. Other members of the committee are:
- Mrs. Tolu Olaloye
- Mr. Damola Adediji
- Ms. Victoria Onyeagbako
- Mr. Moses Olanrewaju.
There were 15 winners of the competition. They are as follows:
- Ms. Susan Chioma Omeh (Overall winner) – University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Ms. Chantelle Chinwetalu (1st Runner up)- University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Mr. Olanrewaju Toheeb Balogun (2nd Runner up)- Lagos State University, Ojo.
- Mr. Rotimi Folajimi Owolabi – Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife.
- Mr. Chibuzo Paul Ndubisi- University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Mr. Habeebullah Asudemade- University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
- Ms. Blessing Anulika Nwankwo- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- ife.
- Ms. Rafiat Temitura Shittu- University of Lagos, Lagos.
- Mr. Abasi Akara Edet- University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
- Mr. Victor Fabarebo- University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
- Ms. Oghosa Agnes Eghe- Abe- Afe Babalola University, Ado- Ekiti.
- Ms. Ngozi Agatha Umeodinka- Lagos State University, Ojo.
- Mr. Sina Victor Akinmusire- Lagos State University, Ojo.
- Ms. Adeife Adebare Omolumo- University of Lagos, Lagos.
- Ms. Amarachukwu Elekwa- Afe Babalolo University, Ado- Ekiti.
Congratulations to all winners!